Notes from Day 2
(I'm typing this on Monday 7/8/24 morning...about to leave for bus/BARTs to San Jose and see LLH et al at Nats house!!!! Very excited.
But note I wasn't able to get to the blog before this because there is a lot of schlepping and on this trip two plane rides...to exhausted when I get to a hotel to start typing.
Also the luggage situation-packed one big check-on bag and I have to lug that and other bags to the room at each stop. Very difficult.)
Met up with the group in the morning. The guide is the tour owner Steve Theime. He brought his daughter Sydney...she is 8 very cute,Richard and I grabbed our gloves and had our first catch before getting on the bus.
A word about my seat on the bus is key - sat with RM up front but will be changing that as we go during the trip. RM is a handful to listen to - a good guy but no filter, a lot of old man groans etc.
Then left the hotel for a long ride from Las Vegas to Los Angeles. Saw a lot of mountains, deserts, casinos, brothels, and even StoneHenge!!!
We stopped along the way for lunch had a choice of fast food RM and I went for Panda express...then I got a starbucks tea and mage two calls to LLH/Lily & Varb,
First the bus stopped at Griffith Observatory...In Griffith park-we were last there with Brother John, LLH, and young Val&Nat...pictures of Val on the carosel with John are in the house...but we were not near the carosel or the park. Ithe observatory to a science museum up on a big hill overlooking (great views) LA. I can't express how impressed I was with the GPO...a lot of space facts and exhibit, a working pendelom...all free...I learned a lot-our nearest galaxy is 25,000 light years away and there are a trillion galaxies beyond that LINK
Got to Dodger stadium - of course a lot of traffic but we were early,
Had a beer and relaxed to take in the first game atmosphere...then to our seats in Left field and kept score the whole game as I did on all the games.
The Game was great...I like the DBacks - they are hot right now They won this game 9-3 Christian Walker with 2 HRs.
After the game, we were treated to Fireworks! Many people were let onto the field...we stayed in our seats in Left Field. Great show...then the long walk back to the bus

No comments:
Post a Comment