Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Day 1 of West Coast Tour - July 3 2024

 Checked into my Room at the Tuscany Suites & Casino in Las Vegas this morning.
My lovely wife LLH also flew out this morning going to visit our San Jose family - Daughter Natalie, her husband Max and our granddaughters Lily 3 1/2 and Emma 9 months. LLH and I shared a 5am limo to JFK...I flew delta, she JetBlue.

I sat in the middle seat of three for the first time in ages...horrible but I did OK...never got up.
Nice guy former minor league baseball player sitting next to me.  We landed at 10:30isham and I was at the hotel within an hour. After checking in and getting my room (a suite-sweet!) I went poolside...did some swimming but pool crowded with adults drinking Daiquiris/non swimmers-still was fun. But so hot!! 110degrees. I just got back from a 20minute and back walk to LV CVS in this heat was difficult.

I am waiting for my friend Richard Majors to arrive from Colorado. RM coaxed me into going to this tour. We semi-bonded at last years tour. RM former truck driver fellow old guy we get along. His plane is delayed. See pic below of RM and me from last year.

Today is just a check-in...tmrw we get on the bus and go to LA to see game 1 DiamondBacks @ Dodgers. This will be my 3rd Dodgers game attended this year as I went to a double-header LAD/Mets in May...Dodgers swept but Mets were horrible then...they have rebounded and are hot/hitting/back in the race.

The Dodgers are so loaded with talent starting with the incredible Shohei Ohtani. He is a DH this year-cannot pitch due to UCL Tommy John surgery. But he will pitch again next year. Hitting-wise he is ridiculous. Current Stats: AVG .320 (4th in NL)...HR 27 2nd...RBI 64 5th...OPS 1.048 2nd
And he has 16 stolen bases! Oh and they have Mookie Betts, Freddie Freeman, and new star Teoscar Hernandez. And they paid a bazillion to get Yoshinobu Yamamoto from Japan.

The DBacks went all the way the world series last year after barely making the post-season as a wild card. They have a good young team.

It is 3:47pm I am preparing this blog which I used last year to document the trip.

OK Back soon!

(Later) Met up with Richard...had a few beers at the bar,,,then went to the restaurant at the hotel (vegitarian chow mein)...then played some slots - video poker...went to bed


Richard Majors and Francheesh 8/21/2023

No comments:

Post a Comment