OK putting a place holder here - about to board the bus to Pittsburg - very excited about today!!!
Wow I'm way behind. I'm typing this on Tuesday Night it our hotel Holiday Inn in White Haven PA.
We just got back from our day at the little League world series
So let me put in some notes on The Pirates/Cardinals game.
First, the Cards got buried 11-1 by the Pirates. They had most of their regulars in the lineup - Arenado and Goldschmidt...and some new blood like Mayson Wynn...and the starting pitcher was Drew Rom pitching his first major league game...he is the guy that they got from the Orioles for trading Jack Flaherty. He isn't a top prospect and that showed in this game. The Cards just look like they don't care.
The Pirates looked like a strong young team...more to come later...
(Back Sept 2023 cleaning up blog)
What else about Pittsburg?
PNC Park is considered one of the best ballparks in MLB. It is beautiful. It has a black and gold motif of the Pirates colors. Here is a nice link describing the Park LINK
They had a seat upgrade option that I took. It brought me up to an indoor clubhouse/consessions etc with adjacent outdoor seating. I wish I had stuck to our original sets. Bu My seat was nice - it was behind an old Pirate Fan and his wife...and the usher in that section was a friend of theirs...so there was a lot of chit-chat. The guy was keeping score too. I told him about the Cardinals...he told me about the Pirates - they have a good young team...and the top prospect/#1 pick in the draft is pitcher Paul Skenes.
We went on a nice tour of PNC park before the game.
The tour started in the area past the outfield wall...there is a
There are 3 bridges outside the stadium...I wish I had explored them, though the nearest bridge - the Clemente bridge - was under construction so people couldn't go on it.
A very nice area outside the stadium. A lot of restaurants...some stautes.
There are 4 statues outsu=ide the stadium: Clemente, Mazerowski, Honus Wagner and Willie Stargell. I made everyone pose by the Willie Stargell statue and that was a good pic that I sent out to people. And got a pic of my friend Richard who I bonded with on the trip.
Summing up - a great park, another really fun experience though the poor Cardinals got creamed.


No comments:
Post a Comment