Sunday, August 20, 2023

Day 4 - 8/20/23 - Game 3 - Toronto Blue Jays @ Cincinnati Reds

 OK just to get today's blog started...I have to move to the bus soon it is 6:47am Central Time.
Not a good sleeping night - the dude in the floor above me was up alot sigh...but shuttup Francheese.

Trying to sleep last night and reflecting on the Blog so far I'm thinking a lot of old man pickyun complaining  notes...but where is the baseball? So when I get time I'll do a post adding to it of ratings of the ballparks and the teams.

Today we have two teams in a pennant race at almost identical positions in their respective Leagues and divisions...Oh yeah and it is another inter-league game. Like the Cubs (National League) and the Royals (American League)...today we have the Blue Jays (AL) vrs the Reds (NL)...bot in their leagues' Central division.

I should be an exciting game. Most of the games on our tour are games where one or both of the teams are already out of the pennant race. But this game, and the final game of the Dodgers at Boston,,,are meaningful games...giving it a lot more spice.

OK stopping here...will pick it up tonight

I'm back...it was a great day. Extremly hot 97ish! Too bad because our seats were field level right behind home plate but out in the open no shade.
People were bailing out-leaving their seats and going to search for shade-my group had many stories of where they went. I did about 4 innings-I painted myself with sunblock-after that I went to the upper deck and found some shade. Sitting with a few rows of 3-4 families all young boys and girls...very nice atmosphere in Cincy a lot of casual conversations...people very polite and nice reminded me of St Louis. I stayed in that seat until the 9th inning then made my way all the way down to the street level walked and eventually found the bus.

The Park itself just has a real nice feel to it...red everywhere of course.
I met a man from Quebec before the came young 30ish he was here with his son (his father is dying of cancer-he threw that in) and they were also doing a baseball tour in the central area cincinatti detroit didn't mention other cities. He spoke in broken english but it was good (he appologized for it but very understandable. Intersting apparently there is a push to 'ntionalize'  Quebec into it's own country? "The  english have screwed things up" etc. I latered talked to the edmonton couple about it and they were shaking their heads told me a few things - that they had a nationalize Quebec vote which narrowly lost...OK Boring alert especially as I don't know the details so i'll stop - But Benoit (Ben-wah) was a nice guy enjoyed talking to him he forced his son to come over and meet me,  etc 

The game - Both teams are good but today Toronto was much better - the reds pitcher is a young former hot prospect Hunter Greene LINK just back from an injury but a horrible outing. Reds also made 2 errors in the first inning..the Blue Jays pitcher Hyun-jin Ryu is a junk ball (throws mostly curves) and had no trouble with the Reds. Two HRs by Brandon Belt...it was over earle.

Our hotel is a Best Western...I'm typing this getting ready to leave. It is in a good spot for dinner. I found a Craft Beer retaurant Hoppin Vines LINK  had some good beer there.Varb called and had a long talk...new opportunities in the flower biz...then took food back to the room and slept. I tries to call the Cali people with no luck.

OK on to Day 4...


No comments:

Post a Comment