Just got back from breakfast - a good but typical hotel breakfast - oatmeal fruit and coffee this morning.
On the elevator back to the room I met a nice couple from PA...Pat & Bev. They hate to fly so they drove to Cleveland, then took a bus from Clev to Chicago! Two days! He (Pat) says he now regrets it because they are flying back to Cleveland from Boston - his car is in Cleveland - then driving back home.
They just got back from a "river cruise in Europe" their sixth...so I want to follow up on details with them. I could see that in our future - LLH not so much.
Last night at the Q bar and grill was uneventful...di d a few beers - got a Facetime call from Lilly, LLH I ran outside but it wasn't working. Enjoyed that brief minute though.
OK I gotta pack and get downstairs for checkout and bus to Wrigley in 1/2 hour so I better get cracking...as they say. I'll hopefully continue this tonight from Cincinnati I think?
*******
It's 8:40pm just checked into Hotel #2 a Holiday Inn Express in Rensselaer Indiana halfway from wrigley to Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati. Leaving at 7:30 am tmrw so I gotta getup at 630.
Review of the day:
There was no meet and Greet...we just all wandered around the hotel lobby then boarded the bus. I think that there shoulds been some introductions/where are you from etc...so you have to wing it to meet people.
Most everyone I've met is nice. Dan Lindsay is the "Diamond Dan" host and the owner of the Company Diamond Baseball Tours.
Many of the people have done these tours multiple times.
At the Cubs game I sat next to Dan...former track coach, we talked alot nice guy...on my right was Richard also solo a former truck driver from Colorado. A funny independent sort,,,"I'm more interested in visiting the Ballparks than the baseball games.
The biggest pain so far is Dave who has gone on many trips with them every year since 2010. He's about 80 and a drunk...get very loud...they gave him a Hall Of Fame TShirt today to cemmemorate his many of trips with them. He is a guy to avoid except....
The bus - it's nice and I satked my claim for a seat near the back...unfortunately Dave resides back there and a few other nice lodmouths...but it's OK. It'll be fine.
Our seats today were great upper deck but lower section...very nice.
Cubs won Cody Bellinger with 2 HRs!
Two games at wrigley were great fun - a nice neighborhood ballpark.
On the way out on advice from Dan I got a famous Chicago HotDog at Wrigleyville Dogs - it was vegan - the cover it with pickles and peppers etc - delicious.
Another guy I met and liked is Andy from Trenton NJ with his high school senior son and his dad...his dad is limping new hip replacement and walks very slow - had a tough time today as we parked about a 20 minute walk from the stadium.
Then there is Bob and Rosa from Texas, John and Rose from Hamden CT(!), Ken and Monica from Edmonton....otheres...more to come I gotta get to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment