We left LA early - bus trip to San Diego.
The sightseeing event was going to Old Town San Diego. LINK
I found it to be a nice do-nothing "chill" (in 90 degree weather) time. We wandered around this area with mexican old buildings crafts etc. Some nice adobe homes with courtyards where you could sit....a few museum type places...but mostly boring. I wandered by myself, eventually met up with young guy Geordi who told me his life story (Army veteran, best friend killed by hit and run while crossing a street, machinist, training in Army etc) while we waited for the bus to board.
I was starving and found a place serving "Tostadas"? so I got a veggie sandwich which turned out to be delicious...I saved half for the hotels.
Hotel was beautiful - 4 star San Diego Bayfront LINK
Hotel was beautiful - 4 star San Diego Bayfront LINK
It is connected to the stadium via a walkway...so a walk from the hotel to the stadium was very nice.
BTW parking for fans here is $50!!
Game at Petco Park LINK 6:40pm
It's embarassing to say that I left the game early. It was 7-3 after 8 innings. Saw some of the group leaving, I was beat, so I thought the game was over and I could walk back to the hotel and relax.
What a DOPE!
The next morning I ran into bus people "Wow what a game, 9th inning was fantastic"!!"
It turns out that the DBacks score 5 runs in the top of the 9th to take the lead.
But the Padres came back and won it in the bottom of the 9th 10-8.
So the same result...but Jeez Francheesh??!!!
There was no reason for me to leave early. WE WERE AT THE HOTEL!
This happened in one game on last year's tour when I left early at Philly and Bryce Harper homered to tie that game which they wound up losing in extra innings. I remember hanging out in the parking lot with Bus driver Kendrick and Richard.
"All-Star Jurickson Profar hit a tying home run leading off the ninth inning and Manny Machado walked it off with a two-run shot in the San Diego Padres' wild 10-8 victory"
So I vow on baseball tours never to leave early again!
Our seats in SD


No comments:
Post a Comment