OK I'm here and we'll see if I am able to continue creating Posts in this new Blog.
It is Thursday 8/17/23...5:23pm. I Arrived at my hotel - Hampton Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport 3939 Mannheim Rd Schiller Park, IL 60176 ...look out there are two Hampton Inns at the O'Hare airport.
It is Thursday 8/17/23...5:23pm. I Arrived at my hotel - Hampton Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport 3939 Mannheim Rd Schiller Park, IL 60176 ...look out there are two Hampton Inns at the O'Hare airport.
Packing for this 8 day trip was difficult - 8 pairs of shorts/long pants...undies socks wait is this boring...during the blog I will stop for "Boring checks" though I will probably be too late...anyway packing was hard and I fit everything into my carryon FJH suitcase and backpack.
Flew from Westchester - Uber to airport as LLH has pre-cataracts eye exam. Westchester is convenient but inside it is a mess. I decided to buy and wear a covid mask as covid noise in the news.
On plane a young family sat behind me...with a two year old boy going crazy so not a fun flight but I was ok with headphones and music...the kid was kicking my seat so no naps.
After landing I followed the tour instructions and found the shuttlr to the hotel. An older couple from Virginia had their flight to Jackson Hole cancelled and were sent to this hotel - flight in morning at 4 am...Francheesh charmingly commisserated.
Hotel is a dump from the outside but the rooms are nice! LINK
I started planning tomorrow - Cubs are playing a day game...our tour doesn't start until Saturday...so I'm free tomorrow...i bought a ticket online at stubhub.
I have to catch a few subways to get there.
Then on Saturday the tour starts:
Saturday, August 19, 2023
Registration in lobby of host hotel at 10am; lunch and sightseeing in Wrigleyville; game at 1:20pm
OK tonight going to walk to a nearby sports bar. The only place around here within walking distance LINK
Yay!!
No comments:
Post a Comment